If You Are Not Sick
UHP Medical Services has completed the four scheduled Flu-shot clinics for 2017 (during which 1,550 immunizations were given!). However, you can still come to the clinic for a Flu shot. Vaccination is free for students with MSU health insurance and typically $0 - $25 as a copay for other insurance (coverage varies by insurer). We can see you in our walk-in clinic (come in the morning for shortest wait times), or as part of a regularly scheduled visit with your primary-care provider.
TO AVOID CATCHING THE FLU
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If you are not near water, use an alcohol-based (60-95%) hand cleaner such as Purell.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick - do not kiss a sick person and do not share cups, lipstick or eating utensils with a sick person.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Beer, wine, cocktails and other alcoholic beverages DO NOT kill the flu virus, so don't share your drinking cups or glasses.
- Face masks, although popular, are usually not helpful for protection from catching the flu. If you have the flu, face masks are helpful in limiting the spread to other people.