Health & Human Development
Rebecca Koltz, PhD, NCC, LCPC
Programs and Research Projects
- Perceived Impact of an Eight-Week Well-Being Group with Preschool Children
- Preadolescent Interpersonal Relationship Skills: A Cross-Age Mentoring Approach to Healthy Decision Making
- The Perceived Impact of Assigned Wellness during Counseling Practicum Courses
- The Personal and Clinical Growth of Counseling Students during their Program of Study
- PhD, Idaho State University
- MS, University of Wisconsin - Stout
- BA, University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
Specialties and Interests
- Prevention programs
- Counselor wellness and self-care
- Experiential learning
- Creativity in counseling and training
- Supervision including using live supervision during counselor training
- Counselor growth and development
HDCO 502, HDCO 508, HDCO 565, HDCO 569, HDCO 571, HDCO 598
Koltz, R., Odegard, M., Feit, S., Provost, K., & Smith, T. (2012) Parallel process and isomorphism: A model for decision-making in the supervisory triad, The Family Journal, 20(3), 233-238.
Koltz, R., & Odegard, M. Creative art in group: Pedagogical implications for facilitation in a group counseling class. The Best of VISTAS 2012
Koltz, R. (2011). Pebbles in a Pond: A Termination Activity to use in Practicum or Internship. The Association for Creativity in Counseling Newsletter, 3, 1.
Koltz, R., & Feit S. (2012) A phenomenological case study: The experience of live supervision during pre-practicum. The Qualitative Report, 17(Art. 80), 1-24. Retrieved from http://www.nova.edu/ssss/QR/QR17/koltz.pdf.
Koltz, R., Odegard, M,; Provost, K, & Smith, T. (2010) Picture perfect: Using photo-voice to explore four doctoral students’ comprehensive examination experience. Journal of Creativity in Mental Health, 5(4), 389-411.
Koltz, R., & Champe, J. (2010) A phenomenological case study: Mental health interns as they transition from students to professionals. VISTAS 2010
Koltz, R. (2008) Integrating creativity into supervision using Bernard's Discrimination Model. Journal of Creativity in Mental Health, 3(4), 416-428.
Koltz, R. (2008) Movie Review: Open water 2: Adrift. Journal of Creativity in Mental Health, 3(2), 175-178.
Odegard, M., & Koltz, R. (2008) Members' perceptions of using expressive arts in group. Compelling Counseling Images: The Best of VISTAS 2008 (authors’ contributions were equal)
Franklin, K., & Koltz, R. (2012) Goals of behavior: What you can do to redirect your kid. Montana Parent.
Thorngren, J., Koltz, R., & Feit, S. (2012) Feedback: The cornerstone of academic civility, The Academic Leader.
Wilde, B., & Koltz, R. (2010) Introducing the Qualitative Research Interest Network. Spectrum.
Koltz, R. (2008) Three internship lessons that classes couldn't teach. Counseling Today. January.
Koltz, R. (2006) Balancing passions. Counseling Today. January.