Carnegie Classification for Community Engagement 2020
Carnegie Foundation’s Classification for Community Engagement
MSU is in the process of applying for the Carnegie Foundation Classification for Community Engagement. This elective classification involves data collection and documentation of important aspects of institutional mission, identity and commitments and determine whether the institution qualifies for recognition as a community engaged institution. MSU was awarded this classification in 2010 and will be applying to maintain this classification.
- Submit application by April 15th, 2019
- Classification announced January 2020
- Academic year 17-18 is the snapshot year for data and reporting
- Technical Writer: Jodie DeLay (Extension and MSU Communications)
- Co-Chairs: Cody Stone (Extension) & Kim Obbink(Academic Technology and Outreach)
- Suzi Taylor (Academic Technology and Outreach)
- Florence Dunkel (SL Advisory Board and Faculty in Plant Sciences & Plant Pathology)
- Mandy St. Aubyn (Office of Student Engagement)
- Becky Mahurin (Division of Health Sciences, VP for Research)
- Chris Fastnow (Planning & Analysis)
Questions? Contact Mandy St. Aubyn, assistant director, MSU Office of Student Engagement.