Serving Food, Beverages, Water and Candy
The Catapalooza staff works closely with the MSU Sanitarian to ensure food safety for any and all people who attend Catapalooza. If you are interested in serving food at Catapalooza, please register for the event and include your plan to serve food.
Reminder: All beverages served must be Pepsi products. The University has a pour rights contract, which provides exclusive distribution of soft drinks, handled by Harrington Pepsi Cola. Click this link to view a list of acceptable products for campus distribution.
The Service of Prepackaged Foods Only
Prepackaged foods are commercially prepared, individually wrapped (packages). Examples of prepackaged foods include: wrapped candy, bagged chips, gum, nuts, ice cream novelties, whole fruits, canned or bottled soda, bottled water, juice, etc.. Please do not replace prepackaged wrapping or nutritional information with new or original labels before working with our Sanitarian as there are requirements about what information must be displayed and available for the public. Vendors who serve prepackaged foods do not need to fulfill additional requirements (such as online training, etc.).
The Service of Non-Packaged Foods
"Non-packaged foods" covers a wide assortment of items. Examples of non-packaged foods include: Soda that is not canned or in a bottle, scooped ice cream, unwrapped bakery, making cotton candy, lemonade, snow-cones, soft-serve ice cream, fruit cups, popcorn, sundaes, cakes, pastries, cookies, funnel cakes, fritters, donuts, espresso, cappuccino, tea, smoothies, confections roasted nuts, coffee, kettle corn, hamburgers, hot dogs, poultry, sandwiches, baked potatoes, brats tacos, etc. These foods must be prepared on-site in an MSU kitchen or in a licensed, inspected, commercial kitchen.
If you plan to serve non-packaged foods, such as dispensing soda, serving unwrapped dessert items, preparing food or beverage products, you MUST complete the following requirements:
- Online Food Safety Training -- Every person at your booth that plans to handle and serve food MUST complete the online Food Safety Training NO LATER THAN AUGUST 7th, 2019. When you click on the link, please select "Training for Temporary Events."
- MSU Temporary Event Guidelines – This document is for your information and outlines food safety and handling. Please have all staff read and understand these requirements. This document does not need to be returned but must be present at your booth during the event.
- Hand Washing Policy – All staff must read, understand, and sign these requirements. You are required to keep a signed copy of this form at the Catapalooza event and it will be turned in after the event is over.
- Illness Policy - All staff must read, understand, and sign these requirements. You are required to keep a signed copy of this form at the Catapalooza event and it will be turned in after the event is over.
- If you plan to serve packaged food or beverage products, they must be commercially processed, with intact ingredient labels/allergens posted at your booth.